Hair loss due to dandruff in hair
Dandruff is a condition which tends to affect the scalp. It mainly causes flaking along with mild itchiness on the scalp. The exact cause of dandruff is still unknown. Dry scalp and produces white flakes of dead skin appearing in the hair and also on shoulders.
But numerous problems can arise due to dandruff in your scalp. People with severe dandruff problems often develop hair loss problem. But dandruff directly doesn’t cause hair loss. The itchiness caused by dandruff leads to scratching, which in turn, can damage the hair follicles leading to hair loss but not complete baldness. It can increase the hair loss in people who are already suffering from alopecia. Ketomac shampoo price in India is reasonable and can be used to treat dandruff.
Preventing hair loss due to dandruff
Preventing hair loss due to dandruff focuses on reducing itchiness as much as possible which will reduce the urge to scratch harshly and protect the hair follicles from damage.
There can be numerous reasons that can cause dandruff, like underlying skin conditions and also hair-washing habits. Proper consultation from a good dermatologist is very important to know the exact cause of dandruff. Doctors would help you to determine if your dandruff is simply a matter of washing your hair too frequently or not enough.
- Dry skin: It causes small flakes that do not usually cause any redness or inflammation.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This causes a rash that is red, scaly and oily resulting in white or yellow skin flakes.
- Malassezia: This is mainly a fungus that is found mostly on scalps. It can irritate your scalp causing dandruff.
- Contact dermatitis: Certain hair products can also cause dandruff due to sensitivity to certain ingredients.
Knowing the underlying problems can make the treatment much easier.
- Using a medicated or a professional dandruff shampoo is necessary to treat dandruff. Shampoos containing ingredients like Pyrinthione Zinc, Salicylic acid, Ketoconazole and Selenium Sulfide can be good for your hair. For mild dandruff, doctors suggest using medicated shampoos only for a few weeks.
- Apart from the underlying causes, it is very important to keep the scalp hydrated with a conditioner. While using medicated shampoos containing salicylic acid, hydrating the scalp is very important. Massaging your scalp with coconut oil can be beneficial due to its antifungal properties. Its antifungal property is similar to that of ketoconazole found in antidandruff shampoos. Ketomac dandruff shampoo price is also quite cheap which you should use.
- Avoid using hair products whose certain ingredients can cause severe dandruff problems. It can cause contact dermatitis. Too much fragrance or preservatives can be the main cause of contact dermatitis on your scalp. Use of natural or artificial fragrance, bleach, formaldehyde or detergents can cause severe damage to the scalp as these are potentially the common irritating ingredients present in hair products like hair spray, certain shampoos, colors or dyes.
Dandruff do not lead to hair loss immediately. Constant scratching due to irritation can be the main cause of hair loss due to the damage in the hair follicles. Proper diagnosis can treat this problem effectively.